Recent Posts

Diana S.
on 5/14/04 3:47 am - Lawton, OK
Topic: RE: Rideing as pasenger
My fiance has a Sportster also. I am very conscious about how I will look on the back but my fiance could care less. Remember, riding is about the freedom you feel on that bike. Very much like the freedom this surgery provides. As long as your boyfriend is a good rider, you won't fall off. I would suggest getting a sissy bar though for a couple reasons. 1., it provides you with a little more security if you are worried about falling off and 2., it gives you a central point to know you are sitting on the bike straight.
Luce
on 5/13/04 3:40 pm - American Canyon, CA
Topic: Redwood Run
Just wondering if any one was going to make it to the Redwood run in Ca. this June was hoping to meet some WLS members. It will be my first run so I am looking forward to a great time. Lucy R. in Calif.
Luce
on 5/13/04 3:34 pm - American Canyon, CA
Oh girl you need to get your boots on and go for that all to cool of a ride it wont matter Ive been heavy for quite some time now and it never has stopped me from getting on a bike. You trust him to drive you can trust your self to sit have fun. Lucy R from Calif
granola
on 5/12/04 11:09 pm
Jamie, Get the hell on!! Oh man, you will love it and having a guy that has no issue with your size about it???? Girl, go for it! It is the coolest, most fun and sexy thing ever - get on. Let him know how much you appreciate him too! This is an opportunity for you - grow. Just remember there's always the possibility you might get tired of being the passenger and want your own!!! I did. p.s. It's all about balance not size! It's never about size - just how skilled and willing you are!!! LOL Jeannie
granola
on 5/12/04 11:06 pm
Topic: RE: miss my bike
Kerrilynn, Way cool!!! OMG - I will e you when I get there and get the house unpacked to the degree that I can think again. June 4 we close - I am so excited to meet you all. I am a neophyte and really haven't ridden since my 20's and just cannot wait to get on Ruby!! The ride sounds wonderful! The group sounds great and I will look for AZ BB on yahoo! Thanx so much for the welcome - you make it feel even more like home - are there ANY natives at all born in AZ other than the Natives? LOL Jeannie
tinkerbell624
on 5/12/04 7:15 am - Pekin, IL
He wants me to get on and ride. He keeps reassureing me I'm not gonna fall off. Hes not a very big guy. And with no sissy bar it makes me nervous. I'd love to get on I just can't force myself to do it. He even tells me he will go slow. He has a Sportster coustom it's not a very big bike at all because he is a small guy. Thanks for the response and advice.
rebeccalee
on 5/12/04 5:14 am - Northern, CA
Jamie, How does your boyfriend feel about it? If he says to hop on, I'd do it, at least to try. Does he have a sissy bar? I ride on the back of my man's softtail standard. Boy, that bike hauls a load! He is almost 300 lbs. and I add 245 to the back! It slows the bike a tad, but not too bad. He holds onto it real well. (I am glad he's a big boy, though!) We did hop on my little Honda Shadow 600 to ride to the parking lot when I was learning to ride. OH MY GOD! I was sure I'd fall right off the back! That must have been a sight! No sissy bar and we did not fit at all! Check the fit to see if it's possible, at least for short trips. As far as the self-consciousness -- throw it in the trash! (Or at least stuff it in a cage!) I know, it's rough for me to be the biggest woman at our HOG runs and meetings. But I go and people are great there. And I have a blast! Don't get me wrong, the weight is an ever-present demon, and I can't wait to leave it behind. But take it from an old broad (48 and losing count) life is too short to waste. Hope to hear soon that you are at a point where you can join us in the wind! Becky
tinkerbell624
on 5/10/04 7:14 am - Pekin, IL
Topic: Rideing as pasenger
My wonderful boyfriend has a harley sporster and I have yet to get on the back of it because A. I feel self concious and B. I'm bigger than he is and I'm afraid I might fall off. Any other woman passengers ever feel this way pre-op?
Sherri H.
on 5/10/04 1:24 am - Bakersfield, CA
Topic: RE: miss my bike
You go Jeannie!! I, too, have judgments about some of the things I see women wearing, but someday when I am thin....WHO KNOWS!!! I would love to wear one of those slinky little Harley tank tops or halter tops!! Feels naughty to think about wearing a halter. Of course, after surgery, and birthing 2 BIG babies, it would take WAY too much plastic surgery to get my tummy into shape to ever be shown in public. 12/14, that is great! Don't you feel tiny? I lost weight years ago and got down to a 12/14 and I felt like a 2 after all the weight I had carried. And I shall be there again!!
Pam B.
on 5/9/04 8:32 am - Jackson, NC
Topic: RE: Myrtle Beach Bike Week May 2004
Hi Donna, My fiance and I leave May 12th!!!!! Hope that you have a wonderful & SAFE time down there!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone
nymomof2 · 2 replies · 429 views
TV Show, Houston Ladies?
missmollyk · 0 replies · 511 views
LETS GET ACTIVE
rosie09 · 2 replies · 440 views
Hi, fellow "bikers"!
Jean M. B. · 2 replies · 499 views