vitamins

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/23/14 4:14 pm - OH

Absolutely!

I didn't think that was what you were saying, but this whole thing has gotten a bit surreal so I thought maybe I should ask.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

helionoftroy
on 9/23/14 12:43 pm - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

I like Nordic Berries from my local health food store. It has 100% of most vitamins, not enough calcium citrate for RNY, but I haven't had surgery yet so for me it doesn't really matter. I take them and my son takes them. The good part is the Inositol, baby laxative, it helps him poop. Jeez people, much ado about nothing. I think that lab work should dictate how much vitamins each individual needs. My mother is allergic to niacin, if there is a trace of it in her vitamins she goes into shock. We are not all created equal.   

MyLady Heidi
on 9/23/14 1:15 pm

I read through this thread and for the life of me can't determine if chili thinks everyone is taking too many vitamins or too few.  I try to get most of my nutrition from food but do take two multis, calcium and b12, thats all I ever took and my labs are fab.  My only issue has been anemia, waiting to see the results of my latest labs.

poet_kelly
on 9/23/14 8:22 pm - OH

Chili thinks the ASMBS has changed their guidelines to recommend much less calcium and other vitamins but she will not or cannot post a link to any such revised guidelines.  She thinks I should stop telling people what the current guidelines say since she thinks there are updated guidelines that say something different (the guidelines she can't or won't post a link to).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/24/14 5:18 am, edited 9/28/14 2:48 am

If i read it correctly the 2013 guidlines recommend 1200-1500 calcium from all sources..including food., and not additional 1500-2000 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 5:46 am - OH

I've read it several times and I don't see that.  Can you tell me what section that's in?  In section R46 it says patients should take calcium citrate and vitamin D and discusses how much D, but doesn't give an amount for calcium.  And I don't see it anywhere else, either.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/24/14 7:09 am

Check Table 6. 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 8:47 am - OH

OK, thank you.  I don't know how I missed that.  They are recommending 1200 to 1500 mg calcium citrate.  I don't see them saying 1200 to 1500 mg total calcium, including what's in your food.  But I do see 1200 to 1500 mg calcium citrate.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/24/14 3:54 pm

It is there. Try  to read the WHOLE document.  If you can't find it i will find it for you. Again. 

bublegirl1
on 9/23/14 2:00 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

I'm almost afraid to ask...lol....but can someone tell me if the bariatric fusion multi vitamin has calcium citrate or carbonate? While looking online it shows the values but I can only see it saying calcium but not which kind. Thanks!

-Amie