What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 7/25/16 7:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hang in there.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ereiam
on 7/25/16 7:22 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Prayers for the best!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

dog_hair_dinner
on 7/25/16 6:13 am
RNY on 03/01/16

B: 2 poached eggs, 1/2 slice toast, 1 tsp sugar-free strawberry jam

S: slice blackforest ham

L: split pea soup, muscle milk

S: slice blackforest ham

D: 2.5 oz ground beef, ketchup, 1/4cup zuccini "noodles", 1tsp margarine

Cals: 771, Prot: 77, Fat: 29, Carbs: 59

Exercise: 30 mins weight lifting at gym, 30 mins dog walk

Capogirl
on 7/25/16 6:17 am

Forgot the QOTD:  My first job was at Ray Shanahan Pontiac, my aunt was the office manager.  I worked there after school from 3-6, answering phones, filing, taking payments for the repair and parts shop. 

Pokemom
on 7/25/16 6:35 am, edited 7/24/16 11:55 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hey everyone!  I am still alive.  We have had a whirlwind month-plus of camping, family reunions, family vacations.  I began to think that home was just a place to do the laundry and unpack and repack the cooler Now, home feels like the vacation, although it is a very busy time.

i tried to post from away, but I had forgotten my OH password, and I had a new mobile device.  

Anyhow, QOTD.  I was a summer dorm maid in high school.  I worked in the high rise dorms of the local university, where they housed people who came for conferences throughout the summer.  The annual Tupperware conventions were there, and the Tupperware people tipped!  Fun fact:  Tupperware apparently rewarded its top performers with wood-.paneled cars.  So the entire university was swarming with little wood-paneled mini station wagons. This was in the late 1970's.

it is early here, and I have not planned my menu, but I did have a minute, and wanted to post and return to the group connection.  

I had some great NSV these past weeks, and hope to find time to post some photos soon.

my 18 yr old son leaves on his religious service mission in 3 weeks.  Still Lots to do to help him gather, purchase, and pack needed clothing and other gear.  But we are about there.

cutiefrog
on 7/25/16 6:37 am - Canada

Good morning!  So today is weigh-in day : I lost 1.4 lbs.  Not too bad.  I feel great and am so happy to be focusing on me.  This might be a challenge when I go back to work at the end of August.  I have a tendency of taking care of everyone else.  I just have to keep telling myself that I'm just as important as everyone else .   QOTD - I was a telemarketer for the Detroit News selling subscriptions.  I got 5$ every time I sold a subscription.  If I didn't sell any, I make nothing...  Crazy.

I'm having a constant debate with my husband.  Last week I tried to stay under 1000 calories ( high protein, low carb).  I didn't tell him because he's convinced I'm not eating enough.  When I told him I'd lost 1.4 pounds this week he said 'see, you can eat 1200 calories and still lose'.  He even sent me an article about a study that was done on people who followed low calorie diets and it slowed their metabolism down so much that losing any more weight was virtually impossible.  So, I'm not really sure what to do.  Any suggestions would really help.  I'm 6.5 years out and have another 40-50 lbs to lose.

B- canadian bacon with cheese, coffee with light cream

S- Premier protein shake

L - Spinach salad with ham and roasted peppers

S- greek yogurt

D- Home made chili with shredded cheese

S - turkey bite and cheese string, 27 almonds

Total : 1213  Protein : 133  Carbs : 78  Fat : 53

HW- 266  SW- 255.4  CW- 195.6 GW -140

RNY_elizabeth
on 7/25/16 6:39 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Morning everyone!

Friday was awesome.  My son had his one week post op visit and got his bandages off.  We got to see his whole chest for the first time. His nipples are perfect!  I know, weird thing for a mom to say about her son, but the nipple grafts are the risky bit with this surgery and sometimes the grafts don't take.  His were healthy and pink, good blood supply, and healing super fast.  His incisions are super thin and clean.  His face!  OMG. He was sooooooo happy.  The transformation has been amazing.  He walks around the house no without a shirt, smiles sooooo much more, and his bedroom door is almost always open.  Those of you who have had teenagers who hibernate in their rooms know what a big deal that is.  I feel like he is a new man. It is really life changing. Here is a pic for those who are interested, that smile says it all!

I got my iron infusion on Thursday. Everything went great, no reaction.  I felt like napping the rest of the day but managed to power through several hours of meetings just fine. I am feeling more energy. Went into the city on Saturday to drop off donations at a local AIDS charity thrift shop and ended up buying a beautiful new suit and several dresses.  Suit was $24 bucks and still had the tags.  It is gorgeous. Also...pants Size 2, jacket Size 4. WTH??? I can wear a 2??? So bizarre. Got a bunch of laundry done this weekend and killed a few bad guys in my D&D game on Sunday. All in all, good times.

QOTD: My first job with a real paycheck was as the court assigner at a tennis club. My high school driver's ed coach hooked me up with the job.  I did it for one summer, it was boring as heck. My first actually working real work 'job' was apprentice to a farrier. That was HARD work and no pay but I learned lots.
Horses are not generally fond of being shoed and they don't hold their damn feet up for you. HEAVY! To make matters worse, once to get the nails set the tips are like death spikes just waiting to impale you until you clip/trim the ends.  It was enough to clarify for me that no, I do not want to be a farrier. 

Menu:

B: Chobani Greek "Crunch"

L: Half a left over turkey wrap from Sat evening out with the kiddos.

S: Cheese stick

D: Grilled chicken and peas

S: Simply Fit Greek Blueberry

Not sure of the totals because the wrap is a mystery but it looks like a good day. Today's weight 146.

Have a great one everybody!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

melissasue1982
on 7/25/16 7:10 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I am SO HAPPY for you and your son!!!  What a change in his life

Size 2?????  WHOA...you are amazing

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

RNY_elizabeth
on 7/25/16 7:48 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Thank you!  You are pretty darn AH-mazing too ya know.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Emiepie
on 7/25/16 7:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad your son is doing so well.  So awesome.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 65 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views