What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/25/16 10:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That pic put the biggest smile on my face. I'm so happy for him, and the whole family!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

crafty_gal
on 7/25/16 6:45 am
RNY on 04/26/16

My first "paycheck" job was a temporary thing with the school bus company, cleaning the buses to get them ready for the school year. It was for about 1 month. My mom was a school bus driver at the time. I was offered a permanent position at the end of the gig, but my mom didn't like the way the younger male bus drivers all hung around and made me quit. So I got a job at the hot dog place at the food court in the mall. My supervisor was an 18 year old girl who told me I should follow her diet plan (I was about 15lbs overweight at the time) - and that was the first time I heard of bulimia (though I didn't know the name of it for about a year afterward).

I haven't made a full plan for today yet. But off the cuff -

B: greek yogurt/oatmeal (love this stuff!)

L: chicken lunchmeat and munster cheese roll ups, applesauce

D: Most likely shrimp jambalaya and green beans

S: babybel, sf popsicles, half a protein bar maybe after work

DESSERT: Sugar free mousse - Jello brand. I loved these things when I was doing my liquid diet, pre-surgery. I bought a pack yesterday and made myself a deal - if I do my after dinner walk, I can have one of these for dessert. (In this 100 degree heat, I need EXTRA incentive to get moving... so much easier to sit on the couch and crochet!)

HW: 333 Consult Weight: 318 SW: 293

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Queen JB
on 7/25/16 6:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning, Friends! I had a perfect weekend! We've had so much fun hosting Daisy and her husband. They are the most fun loving people. I highly recommend taking a road trip to Toronto to meet them!

My weekend eating was not perfect, but it was planned, so even though I had ½ of a biscuit that had to have been made out of more butter than I usually eat in a year, plus about an inch of a fancy sugary ****tail, I actually kept my weight at 115. (That biscuit was SOOOO worth it, btw... ) At dinner we talked a lot about being on maintenance and how we got to the place where we can finally indulge in small treats here and there, like we did at dinner. None of us did it until we were already at our goal weights and we agreed that it would have been impossible to get there if we spent the first year cheating ourselves.

Today I am back to work for just a day, then we have one more fun adventure with the Toronto crew tomorrow. And tomorrow night, we meet Capogirl for dinner. Meat King Grim, himself will be grilling us some steaks at his house.?

5am: Chai Latte?

8am: yogurt with protein powder?

11am: ham and cheese cubes?

2pm: laughing cow wedge on cranberry thin addictives

6pm: dinner out--probably a cheeseburger (no bun)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 7/25/16 7:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love that you all are having so much fun. Almost enough to not be jealous...no I am still jealous :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Capogirl
on 7/25/16 8:32 am

I am so looking forward to tomorrow evening to meet you all!  Just got word my MRI is tomorrow morning, so maybe if no fracture I will be "bootless". 

mschwab
on 7/25/16 9:42 am
RNY on 11/21/14

So glad that you are all having so much fun.  Totally enjoying it all with you via pictures.  

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Pokemom
on 7/25/16 4:25 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thanks again for sharing with me your hints about Boston travel.  I wish I was meeting you there also...it looks fun, and the idea of meeting fellow OH-ers is great.  We ended up not going to Boston, staying closer to home instead.  Hoping for the east coast in the next couple of years.  Money has been tight this year--dying carS, kid needs--travel always gets pushed out!

Daisydoo02
on 7/25/16 7:01 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Gang! Writing you from sunny HOT Boston! OH Meet Up is PHENOMENAL!  I am in love with JB & Grim.  I want to adopt them.  Hubby and I have been practicing our Boston accents since we got here on Saturday, so far Grim says we are doing great, "Wicked Smaht".  JB & Grim are amazing, sweet, funny, generous, and quite possibly the cutest couple I have ever met!  Today hubby and I are on our own exploring, JB had to work (poor girl but I guess she has to pay bills LOL LOL).  We are meeting later for dinner so happy about that, we are going through JB & Grim withdrawal.  We had an epic off the charts time yesterday at the Red Sox Game and out of this world BBQ dinner at this restaurant called "Sweet Cheeks", hubby and I had ribs and they were outstanding, fall of the bone!  And tons of leftovers for breakfast today!  After the game yesterday we were walking around Fenway killing time until our dinner reservation and JB and I were chatting away, Grim & Hubby were behind us and all the sudden hubby says "is that a Target sign?"  WELL JB took off at a sprint and I had to run to chat up!  I am totally serious!! Turns out this is a brand new Target. I died people, I died (you know we don't have Target in Canada so its my FAV place and turns out its JB's fav place too) JB took me around and we did this epic super fast shopping and I got so many protein goodies that we can't get in Canada.  I think I had tears in my eyes!  We are off to take the subway to Harvard and doing some sightseeing.  Vacation is amazing is all I can say!

Menu is all over the place but rest assured its protein forward!  
Leftover ribs for breakfast, lunch not sure, but I brought protein snacks and dinner will be out with JB & Grim & will pick meat! LOL

Doing lots of walking so we are getting our exercise!

Here are some pics: 1st pic is me & hubby on the subway going to the game yesterday, second pic is my "happy place" the NEW Target, and last pic is my dinner last night from Sweet Cheeks, if you are ever in Boston you must go!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Emiepie
on 7/25/16 7:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

LOVE THE PICS!!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Capogirl
on 7/25/16 8:35 am

You two are too cute!   I hope you found lots of good stuff at Target.  I was in Target yesterday morning, found a cute blouse that I'm wearing today.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 33 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views