What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers? DAY 2 of AMAW/CAMAW

One Bad Beach
on 1/17/17 11:28 am
RNY on 11/28/16

I know exactly how you feel about Filet.  We take our pigs to the processor, where they also guarantee you get your animal back.  I got really attached to one last year.  When the guys loaded the pigs up, they asked me if I wanted to go with them.....nope....I went in the house and cried....but this morning, Wallace never tasted so good as I cooked up some of his bacon in the microwave before I went out to feed the living hogs in the barn!  

It's a life cycle if you ask me, but it sure is hard!  Had a show calf when I was in high school.  Decided not to take him to any of the major stock shows, so I was just caring for him and feeding him before and after school like always.  His name was T-bone.  He was a good calf.  One day, got home, went to feed, he's gone.  Ask dad about it, said he turned him out to pasture.  We had a lot of land, so no biggie.  I knew he would be happier at pasture.  Three weeks later, freezer full of fresh beef.  Didn't eat beef for a whole year.  I'm over it now, and I have to explain these kinds of things to my kids, as to desensitize them to it.  I've had to explain to them that this is the way the world works.  Youngest told me it was so sad.  I told him that I couldn't remember the last time he looked sad eating brisket, bacon, or a cheeseburger.  My poor kids are gonna be warped! 

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

pammieanne
on 1/17/17 12:13 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Hey, my former city kids are taking this pretty well, and I was impressed.

So, we had a chicken (rooster, one of TOO many) who broke his leg as a young **** my mother in law taped it up, and after a while he was fine... long story short, too many roosters means winner winner chicken dinner at some point, so one day hubby went out and took care of 5 roosters (young roosters)... he was one of them (his nickname was peg-leg)... we were all attached to peg-leg, so he was the last one I cooked, and I boiled him and made chicken and dumplings... 

Well as I was de-boning him, I came across his leg... the peg leg... and with just the bone, it was apparent by how crooked it was WHO that leg belonged to... this sick mom saved the leg bone, and at dinner I showed everyone was peg-leg's leg looked like! 

My kids are warped too!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Grim_Traveller
on 1/17/17 4:42 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

From now on, I'm calling you Peg Leg Pam.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

pammieanne
on 1/17/17 5:59 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

One day when I meet you, I'll be the one with the distinct limp!

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Kakesie
on 1/17/17 4:23 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh, I'm so sorry about Filet!  I couldn't do that.  I would get too attached to them and not be able to send them to be "processed".

catwoman7
on 1/17/17 8:16 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

same here!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 1/17/17 5:02 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Damn. I had Memorial Day plans to come out and meet Filet.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

pammieanne
on 1/17/17 6:00 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Come on out Labor Day! We'll be celebrating my husbands 50th with a HUGE Weekend BBQ!

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 8:32 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am so sorry to hear about Filet, I am glad she is no longer suffering.  Circle of life right.

Holy crap  you are right, the next AMAW you could feed us all, or better yet, OH BBQ party at Pamela's this summer!! LOL

I love your idea of the original Atkins book, good one!  

Mmmmm on grilled bologna, sounds yummy!

Fingers crossed Miralax has worked and tomorrow you see a loss, looking forward to your menu for Day 3!!

Pokemom
on 1/17/17 9:11 am, edited 1/17/17 1:14 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Good Morning Daisy and everyone!  I know it's nearly lunchtime for lots of you, but here, we are still in the morning routine.

I did great yesterday.  For me, the C/AMAW really is like fasting of any type, in that the commitment to a kind of restriction reminds you of your habits and cravings.  Except of course, I am not hungry while doing it.

In my religion, we fast once/month--no food nor water for a day.  I have done this since I was 8 years old (except during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and during those times, I would not skip food/water, but would try to cut out snacks or treats, etc).  Anyhow, so I am inclined toward looking for symbolic connections to fasting--what do I learn from this?  Etc.

After WLS, one of the things I liked the most, even from the first day home, was the real sense of mindfulness and clarity that the dietary restriction created in me.  Much more self-awareness, plus a sense of self-control and self-management.  Also, my dependence on a higher power and the earth for sustenance, both physical and spiritual.

I will joyfully celebrate bacon until the cows and pigs come home! And, I honestly love the sense of getting in touch with my better self, and I so I am happy for C/AMAW.

Also, let's not forget about weight loss!  I was down 4.5 lbs this morning, even after drinking a quart.  So, that says my body was really holding onto stuff.  I am sure this is mostly water weight.  But it is a good motivator nonetheless.

Daisy, so sorry you are feeling sick.  It sounds more like the flu than a cold.  Take care of yourself.  I wish I could make you a few cups of my favorite herbal teas and give you a soft blanket to wrap up in.  I do that for my kids too, but I trust you would not complain at me like they do.  :-)

QOTD:  Regarding your dad, what a hard situation.  It is so hard to see our parents suffer.  My father in law really struggles with his weight.  He does not really work at it, but he always talks about losing weight.  It drives my husband crazy.  My husband is someone who has lost weight and kept it off.  He was not MO though.  Has lost and kept off about 20 lbs.  He has done this through sheer will and gobs of regular exercise.  His upbringing (alcoholic home) makes him a fighter.  He WILL NOT be like his Dad--at a very deep level. This does not come from a happy place.  It is an intense place surrounding need for control and separation and anger.   I honestly think for any of us who struggle with weight, that it takes a big motivation from deep within to manage it long term.  Sometimes that is from fear or exasperation or anger or disgust or whatever. 

Edited to add:  Deeply, I want the motivation to be love or some other positive deep emotion.  But maybe that is why long-term motivation is hard.  It is easy to motivate ourselves with negativity if we are not comfortable seeing self-care as acceptable, and because love and happy feelings are  so closely associated with celebration and food.  But then, because we don't want to stay in the negative place, we return to love (which is good), but we have not figured out yet how to nake love our motivation for weight loss.  I see in Kat how this motivation developed from her love for her child.  Anyhow, I think we have to tap into something very deep to maintain the loss--and then there are the metabolic issues!

Regarding programs, I always had the best success with a low-carb diet and Weigh****chers.  Both are challenging to maintain.

I wish you the best in helping your Dad.

Menu plan for today:

B:  Egg with 1 oz cheddar

L:  pork roast, 3 oz

D:  Chicken in curry sauce

S:  shrimp with ****tail sauce, home-baked parmesan cheese crisps

As always, drinking approximately 134 gallons of my favorite Crio Bru and herbal teas.

xoxo everyone

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 29 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views