Recent Posts

CJS0557
on 8/28/04 5:18 pm - EAST BERLIN, PA
Topic: HELP WITH MY EATING HABITS!
I seem to have fallen in to old eating habits and no exercise. My life has been very stressful since my surgery and I am only down 85lbs. I wanted to be at my goal weight of 130lbs by now. Any tips? Thanks, Cynd
CJS0557
on 8/28/04 5:16 pm - EAST BERLIN, PA
Topic: RE: Anyone going to Myrtle Beach Fall Rally?
HI Donna We you going to the Ocena City Bike week? Any chance you will be there? Cyndy [email protected]
donbck
on 8/25/04 2:24 pm - NC
Topic: Anyone going to Myrtle Beach Fall Rally?
Would you like to get together? Email me. Donna Beck open RNY -96 lbs
Cherise P.
on 8/20/04 4:43 pm - Poolesville, MD
Topic: RE: Rideing as pasenger
Go for it! I ride with my husband on his sportster all the time. I never would at 312 lbs because he is 170 and I didn't fit well. He begged me. Now at 211 to his 170 I am still bigger than him but we ride and it is fine fun and natural. You just learn to follow his body language and all is great. You really should give it a try you will be fine and he will love you even more once you can share this great hobby with him!
Betsy Y.
on 8/13/04 4:21 pm - Carrollton, TX
Topic: RE: Any one want's to RIDE
Hi everyone. This is my first time to post on the website. Of course I sought out the Harley-Davidson message board first. My husband and I both have matching Dyna Wide Glides. I have ridden for 30 years, the last ten on Harley's. Lucy I'd like to say to you...you're never too large to ride girlfriend. Riding is the one place I feel totally free. I've never felt judged on my bike. Afterall we are women hear us roar. I don't know if it's a certain attitude that comes along with throwing that leg over that grand machine or what. Don't let the weight keep you from enjoying your passion. The bike doesn't know how much you weigh just like it doesn't know if you are male or female. It just responds to your touch. Get out there and enjoy the wind in your hair and on your face. It's the best therapy money can buy. I find it very empowering and feel as if I can tackle the world when I get off of it. I hope you feel the same. I've just started my journey with WLS. My consultation was last week and things are moving along rapidly with my PCP sending me to have my echocardiogram today. I do have a burning question that only my fellow Harley riders can answer. What is the expected surgery recovery time to be able to ride again? While this is well worth the down time, I do have to dream of when I'll be riding again. Can anyone
DJJCHARRIS
on 8/6/04 3:31 am - Winchendon, MA
Topic: RE: Can't wait to ride my Harley again!
You will be riding the HOG again before you know it. I am just a passenger with my husband and my weight kept me off for 2 summers. This summer we are cruisin......, I have even gotten a little upset when he doesn't feel like taking me out. Get the bike all ready now you can probably get some time in before it gets too cold. Dawn -90
Marlene M.
on 7/28/04 11:53 pm - Bloomingdale, NJ
Topic: Can't wait to ride my Harley again!
I own a 1997 Harley Davidson Sportster 883. I last rode in 2001 because I got pregnant and my doctor told me to stop riding. That summer I couldn't ride at all due to my pregnancy. The next summer I spent with my infant son and didn't ride at all. Then last summer my husband suffered a stroke and had brain surgery and we didn' ride at all. This year is out again due to my surgery. I can't wait to get my bike all cleaned up and get back on the road! I LOVE MY BIKE!!!!!
Jim L.
on 7/22/04 11:20 am - Phelan, CA
Sorry Lucy i know how you feel but your not to fat your just fluffie and you will soon be ridding your bike
Lucy R.
on 7/22/04 10:32 am - Acampo, CA
Jim, Too bad you are so far away from me I would love to go for a ride! I have been dying to get out there. Mine sits in the garage waiting for me!Lucy
Jim L.
on 7/21/04 5:19 am - Phelan, CA
Topic: Any one want's to RIDE
Hi My name is jim and can't wait to ride my Harley. I have one more week before i can feel the wind in my face. Is there any one in the deasert that would like to get to gahter and ride? Let me know and and the time would like to go .
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone
nymomof2 · 2 replies · 431 views
TV Show, Houston Ladies?
missmollyk · 0 replies · 512 views
LETS GET ACTIVE
rosie09 · 2 replies · 440 views
Hi, fellow "bikers"!
Jean M. B. · 2 replies · 502 views